The ACTFL 辅导计划 is designed to help early career language educators succeed in their current assignments 和 learn the skills to be successful long-term in their careers. Mentors 和 mentees will be matched by language, level, interest, 和 location as best as possible. Two mentor programs are available: the traditional program for in-person educators 和 the distance language educator program for those who teach online.
Participate in the ACTFL 辅导计划!
“If it weren't for the mentee/mentor program, I would not have been successful in my work at school. My mentor helped me tremendously with the st和ards, backward design, 和 great resources.”瓦莱丽•摩根
Lecturer, World Languages 和 Literatures, California State University, San Bernardino
Traditional mentoring program qualifications
- To be considered as a mentee, you must be a new teacher within your 第一个 five years of teaching. If you do not fall within the stated requirements, please include an explanation of your specific circumstance in your application.
- To be considered as a mentor, you must have five or more years of teaching experience.
Distance learning mentoring program qualifications
- To be considered as a mentee, you must be within your 第一个 three years of online teaching. Applicants may have more years of experience in a traditional background, but still qualify as a mentee if they are new to online teaching.
- To be considered as a mentor, you must have more than three years of online teaching experience.
All participants in the mentoring program receive access to an assortment of tools, including a copy of The Keys to the Classroom, Second Edition，节选自 The Keys to Strategies 和 Enacting the Work of Language Instruction, Volume 1.
All work is conducted online through Zoom, 电子邮件, 电话, 文本, 和 the ACTFL 辅导计划 社区.
To participate in this program, 第一个, read the Program Guidelines, then complete the appropriate application on ACTFL中央 通过 志愿者门户.
- 应用程序打开: 2023年3月6日
- 应用程序关闭: 2023年6月30日
- 计划日期: September 11, 2023 - May 24, 2024
你一定是 a current ACTFL member to participate 和 apply for the program 和 remain an ACTFL member for the duration of the program. You will need to be logged in to access the appropriate application.
Applicants will be contacted after the sign-up deadline to confirm their participation. Applicants must respond to the confirmation 电子邮件 to be matched. Pairs will be matched in August, 和 sent additional information 和 materials after the match.
Ready to begin your mentoring journey?
During the appliction period, go to your ACTFL中央 home page 和 click the "志愿者 Opportunites" dropdown. Fill out the 辅导计划 application, 和 we will take it from t在这里!